Many people pay hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars for similar training.
"This training is absolutely incredible and exactly what I needed! I have learned so much and now feel much more confident going into classes with this knowledge. I can really tell how much effort has been put into creating this course. Thank you!"
— Samara W., Australia
"I never much cared for chemistry in high school, but this course deepens my love for these beautiful plants and essential oils. I'm so grateful that dōTERRA is providing this training—not only for my personal benefit, but so I can share this knowledge with my team."
— Mary B., United States
"I've been using essential oils for six years now, and thought I had already learned everything I needed to know. This course is giving me even more knowledge. I'm grateful for the education!"
— Leilani W., United States
Discover the secrets of the essential oil universe.
- Am I using the right essential oils?
- Do I share fact-based information about essential oils?
- Am I giving the wrong advice to people?
- How can I share the benefits of essential oils more effectively with others?
- Are the things I’m saying about essential oils backed by real science?
Have you ever wondered any of these things? How much do you know about essential oils? There is no shortage of information available about essential oils and how they work. Between social media, personal blogs, and Google searches, it’s easy to get lost in the facts and the fiction. So how do you know what’s really true?
Don’t spend another day wondering. You know essential oils work.
Now learn why they work.
From the comfort of your home, you can learn everything you need to know about essential oils and how to use them safely and confidently.
- Stop relying on others for accurate information about essential oils.
- Feel confident using essential oils on your own.
- Address your health priorities naturally.
- Become a credible source of information for your friends and loved ones.
- Get the science that backs up the power of essential oils.
What can I expect from this course?
This course is a close-up look at where essential oils come from, the science behind how they work, and how you can use them effectively. Entirely online, the course includes videos, text, illustrations, and quizzes to help you learn and retain in-depth information.
By the end, you will be a doTERRA-certified essential oil specialist, with the confidence to use and share oils effectively.
What are you waiting for?
Sign up to discover the secrets of the essential oil universe today!
"This training is absolutely amazing! I have been wanting to get certified, and this option has just blown my mind. I am a researcher by heart, so I’ve been loving every bit of it. Thank you for this course!"
— Savannah G., United States
"I absolutely love this course—it was so well done. I have been using oils since last year, and this really takes my knowledge to the next level."
— Petra R., Czech Republic
"It is refreshing to see that there is truly a natural science behind these oils. So much work goes into each and every little bottle!"
— A.K., Canada
Frequently Asked Questions:
When does the course start and finish?
The course starts now and never ends! It is a completely self-paced online course - you decide when you start and when you finish.
How long do I have access to the course?
How does lifetime access sound? After enrolling, you have unlimited access to this course for as long as you like - across any and all devices you own.
Who can sign up for this course?
Anyone! We welcome all who are wanting to learn more about Essential Oils.
- Welcome! (3:25)
- Getting to Know You
- 1.1 What Are Essential Oils? (2:17)
- 1.2 Where Do Essential Oils Come From? (3:10)
- Quiz: What Are Essential Oils?
- 1.3 History of Essential Oils (3:57)
- 1.4 Developments in Essential Oil Science (2:33)
- Quiz: History of Essential Oils
- 1.5 Extracting Essential Oils from Plants (1:09)
- 1.6 Steam Distillation (7:14)
- 1.7 Hydrodistillation (1:48)
- 1.8 Fractional Distillation (2:16)
- Quiz: Distillation
- 1.9 Expression or Cold-Pressing (2:26)
- 1.10 Citrus Oils and Photosensitivity (2:08)
- 1.11 Other Extraction Methods (2:01)
- 1.12 Carbon Dioxide (CO2) Extraction (2:12)
- 1.13 Enfleurage (1:42)
- 1.14 Comparing Different Extraction Methods (1:32)
- Quiz: Expression and Other Extraction Methods
- 2.1 Chemistry 101 (1:40)
- 2.2 Basics of Essential Oil Chemistry (2:30)
- 2.3 The Chemistry of Essential Oils (1:17)
- 2.4 Chemistry in Plants (2:04)
- 2.5 Terpenes (2:31)
- Quiz: Chemistry 101
- 2.6 Essential Oil Chemical Families (0:56)
- 2.7 The Alcohol Family (1:54)
- 2.8 The Phenol Family (1:14)
- 2.9 The Aldehyde Family (1:30)
- 2.10 The Ketone Family (0:56)
- 2.11 The Alkane Family (0:44)
- 2.12 The Alkene Family (1:24)
- 2.13 The Ester Family (1:30)
- 2.14 The Ether Family (0:58)
- 2.15 The Oxide Family (1:05)
- 2.16 The Phenylpropene Family (1:07)
- Quiz: Essential Oil Chemical Families
- 3.1 Essential Oil Purity (1:17)
- 3.2 What Is Contamination? (2:09)
- 3.3 What Is Adulteration? (9:36)
- Quiz: Contamination and Adulteration
- 3.4 Testing Essential Oils (2:53)
- 3.5 Identifying an Essential Oil’s Chemistry (4:01)
- 3.6 Detecting Synthetic Chemicals (2:37)
- 3.7 Testing for Pesticides, Carrier Oils, and Other Contaminants (1:21)
- 3.8 Testing the Physical Characteristics of an Essential Oil (3:44)
- 3.9 Ruling out Any Contamination (1:08)
- 3.10 The Final Test: Stability Testing (1:17)
- 3.11 Not All Essential Oils Are Created Equal (4:40)
- Quiz: Testing Essential Oils
- 5.1 Ways to Use 12 Powerful Essential Oils (1:02)
- 5.2 Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) (4:58)
- 5.3 Lemon (Citrus limon) (7:44)
- 5.4 Peppermint (Mentha piperita) (4:24)
- 5.5 Copaiba (Copaifera species—Copaifera reticulata, C. officinalis, C. langsdorffii) (3:18)
- 5.6 Oregano (Origanum vulgare) (3:04)
- 5.7 Frankincense (Boswellia species—Boswellia carterii, B. papyrifera, B. frereana, B. sacra) (2:57)
- 5.8 Tea Tree (Melaleuca alternifolia) (2:24)
- 5.9 dōTERRA On Guard Protective Blend (2:43)
- 5.10 dōTERRA Breathe Respiratory Blend (2:13)
- 5.11 DigestZen Digestive Blend (2:55)
- 5.12 Deep Blue Soothing Blend (2:28)
- 5.13 Adaptiv Calming Blend (3:15)
- Quiz: Ways to Use 12 Powerful Essential Oils
- 5.14 Building Vitality with Key Essential Oil–Infused Supplements (1:07)
- 5.15 Digestion (1:45)
- 5.16 Enzymes and Digestion (2:48)
- 5.17 DigestZen TerraZyme (6:35)
- 5.18 The Importance of Gut Health (2:49)
- 5.19 Bacteria Is the Key to a Healthy Gut (1:34)
- 5.20 The Importance of Microbes (2:37)
- 5.21 PB Assist+ (2:33)
- 5.22 Overall Health: dōTERRA Lifelong Vitality Pack (5:00)
- 5.23 Microplex VMz (2:08)
- 5.24 xEO Mega (4:23)
- 5.25 Cellular Health (5:42)
- 5.26 Alpha CRS+ (2:48)
- Quiz: Building Vitality with Key Essential Oil–Infused Supplements
- 5.27 Reducing Your Toxic Load with Natural Household and Personal Care Products (2:56)
- 5.28 dōTERRA On Guard Product Line (7:34)
- Quiz: Reducing Your Toxic Load with Natural Household and Personal Care Products
- Almost Done! (1:31)